1. The former site of the ballpark.
|Used by/for||Newport Cardinals (MILB D) 1936-1938
Newport Tigers (MILB D) 1938
Newport Dodgers (MILB D) 1940-1941
|Location||406 Wilkerson, Newport, AR|
|Capacity||1500 (1937); 2500 (1940); 1200 (1941)|
|AKA||Memorial Field, Greyhound Field|
Mann Field, later known as Memorial Field and Greyhound Field, was home to the Newport Cardinals from 1936-1938 and the Newport Dodgers from 1940-1941.
The field was located on the campus of the Newport High School. The field was built sometime in the 1930’s and was named after Louis P. Mann, who was superintendent of the school from 1924-1946.
The Newport high school baseball and football teams, nicknamed the “Greyhounds”, both used the field for their home games for many years. Today, the field is still used by the Greyhound football team, but the ballpark no longer exists.